Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A day at the fair!

We got wind a couple months ago, that Weird Al Yankovic was coming the Utah State Fair.  My children (especially my little G-man) are huge fans of his, so we bought tickets.  The cool thing about the tickets to his concert was that you got admission to the fair as well.  I’ve never been to a state fair before, so we went a few hours early to check it out.

There was am interactive kids exhibit that Squanner enjoyed, G-man thought was okay, and TRMinator wondered why we made him go through.

IMG_3426

IMG_3427

(This picture is purely for my mother’s benefit.  She knows why!)

IMG_3431

After being mini farmers, we had to go over to the giant slide.

IMG_3440

After spending 40 bucks on dinner, (I kid you not, I got Squanner and G-man each a cheeseburger and drink, and it cost $20!) we decided that Hubby needs to be the one that gets an unspecified amount of cash and gets everyone dinner.  I need to completely stay out of it, and not know how much everything costs because if I do, I get cranky.

Before we left we realized that it was ice cream day!  Each year, I believe it’s the Utah Dairy Association, picks one day and puts on an ice cream tent.  You pay $3 for adults and $2 for kids, and you get as much ice cream as you want!

IMG_3445

Now that I’ll do!  I’m willing to drop $13 on ice cream for my family.  Maybe that should have been our dinner!

After wandering around a bit longer and seeing some of the exhibits…

IMG_3446

Seriously, someone really needs to tell the poor folks who made all this stuff that plastic canvas went out 20 years ago…

It was time for Weird Al!!!

IMG_3459

The kids thoroughly enjoyed it, as did the parents!  Weird Al puts on a good show.  He did a lot of costume changes and came out in character to sing the songs.

IMG_3467 

This was his parody of Nirvana.

IMG_3510

Amish Paradise

His encore was his songs about Star Wars.  My kids went nuts.

IMG_3559

Fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment