Monday, December 13, 2010

The G-man strikes again!

Let me preface this post by saying oh, how I love my G-man.  Our house would not be the same without him.  I love his cute little smile and most of his antics make me laugh.  There are times, however when I want to wring his warm, cuddly little neck!

A month or so ago, he came down the hall from his primary class at church with the tips of his church shoes ruined.  He had somehow peeled the top layer of the pleather of his shoe off of the toe part.  Of course we had the discussion with him about how he was ruining his shoes and he’d better leave them alone at this point.  I decided not to get him new ones because they still fit him and I thought if I just put some brown shoe polish on the bare part, it would camouflage it.

He left them alone until last week.

Recital 025

As he left his primary class, the shoes were even more peeled and the light tan part of the newly peeled shoe seemed to scream at me against the dark brown. (See where I tried to put the polish on and fix them?)

I sighed, shook my head, and let Hubby deal with it.

As part of his punishment, Hubby told him he has to help pay for the new shoes that we were now going to have to get.  So he had G-man bring him his wallet and empty it.

T-day, lights 076

Including all of his quarters, he had a total of $7.00 to his name.  I decided that I was going to throw a little bit of torture in with the punishment and make him go shopping with me for his new shoes.  (G-man HATES shopping!)

Well, after only going to one store (we found some at the first store!  I was hoping it would take longer than that!)  we got him new church shoes and he has promised not to ruin this pair.  We’ll see how long that lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment