Friday, March 23, 2012

The Immortal Balloons

Squanner had a birthday last week.  I can’t believe that she is 7.  I have mixed emotions about my baby growing up.  On the one hand, I love that she is getting bigger and that she is learning and growing and becoming her own person, albeit a –things-have-to-be-done-the-way-they-are-supposed-to-be-done, and sometimes a bit bossy—person. (I really don’t know where she gets that.)  I love the freedom that comes with having kids that are a little bit older, but there is a part of me that wonders where on earth the time has gone?  How did my babies grow up so fast?  Does that make me old now, too?

I guess I have to accept that she is growing up, as she tells me in her I-really-can’t-believe-that-I-have-to-be-the-one-that-has-to-explain-this-to-you, voice, “Mom, I can’t help that I am growing up!” 

Here are some pictures from her party.

Anna's 7th birthday 028

Anna's 7th birthday 031

Anna's 7th birthday 035

We don’t usually do big parties with friends, (too much work!) but I try and get them a bouquet of balloons every year.  There is a little party store by my parent’s house that I like to go to.  Their balloons seem like they last a little longer than balloons I have gotten other places.  I picked them up Friday night, the day before her birthday and I was a little worried that the latex ones wouldn’t be as high the next day since I got them a little early.  I don’t think I needed to worry.  This is what they look like today.

Anna's 7th birthday 040

These things are 2 weeks old!!  They just won’t die!!  You can’t see them all, but there are 5 latex balloons still hanging around. (We lost one about a week ago.)  Latex usually only last a couple of days at the most!  I asked Squanner if I could just pop them and she was very emphatic in her response of no.  I’m getting tired of looking at these things!  Seriously!!  Die already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment