Friday, February 5, 2010

Mmmm, it smells like meadows and rain!

I’m sitting here in my living room admiring my handiwork of the last several days.  My baseboards are a gleaming white again!  Since we’ve decided that we are (most likely) going to put our house on the market, I’ve made it my mission to repaint those dinged up hunks of wood that separate my walls from carpet called baseboards.  I’ve also been cleaning said baseboards (prior to painting them!) and walls.  I’ve been using Mr. Clean with Febreeze freshness in meadows & rain scent.  And by golly, it smells pretty good in here.  I don’t think I would go so far as to say that the scent is so accurate that I am imagining myself in a meadow with  freshly fallen rain, but I’ll give it to the  Mr. Clean people that it smells pretty good.

I’ve also been cleaning out rooms.  Mostly the kids rooms.  I love that when my kids see their rooms clean, they a) appreciate the fact that it is clean, and b) they don’t automatically assume that I  threw away a bunch of stuff to get it to that point.  My kids have lived with me long enough that by this point in their lives, when they can’t find something, usually one of the first things they ask is, “Mom, did you throw it away?”  Nine times out of ten the answer is yes- not that I admit to it that much though!  So I find it very amusing that when they see their rooms clean they don’t jump to the conclusion right away that I threw some of their stuff away.  I think that can only mean that they don’t miss whatever it is that is now gone!  Which is why I only clean out their rooms while they are gone.  If they were here they would swear up and down that they play with that stupid, broken Happy Meal toy, and that they are really going to use that notebook that only has a handful of clean pages left.  My theory is, what they don’t know, doesn’t hurt them!  If only I could get away with throwing half of Hubby’s junk away!  I can dream!  Maybe while I’m in the meadow with rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment