Monday, October 4, 2010

Why don’t they ever ask me for my opinion?

I was flipping through the newspaper the other day and saw an ad for a fabric store.  I’m sure you all know that I like to sew a bit, so I stopped and looked at the ad. 

There’s something about fabric store fliers that I just don’t get.  I would assume (and maybe I’m reaching on this assumption) that these ads are supposed to draw people in.   They are supposed to advertise all the things that are on sale and also show nice outfits that you can make with some of the cute fabrics and patterns that they carry.  If they are supposed to draw people in and make them want to sew, then why do they have pictures of some of the worst clothes I have ever seen?!  Seriously, they are usually either the ugliest fabrics thrown together in what otherwise would have been a cute dress, or a cute dress, but it doesn’t fit well at all, so it ends up looking just as tacky as the ugly material dress.

They obviously didn’t consult me before they put those pictures in their ads!  If they did it would look much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment