Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wordy Wednesday

Since I haven’t posted for awhile I figured I’d make this a Wordy Wednesday instead of a wordless one.

I think we might look into buying stock in Band-Aid.  Squanner has been so accident prone lately!  About 2 weeks ago, she fell on the playground at recess and skinned up her knee.  She came home with 2 band aids on and it took me about 2 days before she would let me take them off so I could even see it.  Then a few days later, she was walking on a curb in a parking lot and fell off and re-scraped that knee.  So a new band aid had to go on. 

Then last week, she was opening the door to church and opened it on her foot.  Since she was wearing sandals, she gouged some skin off at the bottom of her toes on one foot.  Let me tell you, that was a bit of a bleeder!  That is pretty well scabbed over at this point and is healing nicely, but she still insists on wearing a band aid on it.  I think it’s just because she can still see it, so it still must be hurt. 

Then last night, we were walking G-man back from scouts and she was running ahead of me and… I’m sure you have guessed the outcome by now.  Sure enough!  She fell down yet again!  This time she scraped up the other knee.  So of course she has to have a big band aid on that knee and thinks that she can’t walk because her knee hurts.  I’m about ready to put her back in the stroller whenever we walk somewhere so she’ll stop falling down all the time!

----------------------------------

So, I had one of those, “I can’t believe I’m such an idiot,” moments yesterday.  Thankfully I don’t have those very often.  I try to keep my life organized in such a way that I don’t miss things.  I don’t forget when it’s my day to volunteer in classrooms, or the nights that we have scouts or when bills are due.  I usually try to stay of top of things.  The thing that I messed up isn’t life-shattering, but I am still really annoyed with myself.  Grrrr!!

----------------------------------

My mom had to rescue me from gathering purgatory yesterday.  I am working on Squanner’s Halloween costume, which is a princess dress.  Holy cow!!  That stupid dress has enough skirt panels that they stretched the length of my kitchen.  And the best part of that is they have to be gathered onto a bodice that is small enough to fit a 5 year old!  So she came and took it home with her so she can gather it on there.  I am happily washing my hands of it!  Now I can start TRMinator’s costume.  This is his last year of going trick or treating.  I told him that he is getting too old, and so far he is okay with that.  I’m sure it might be a bit of a different story next year when his brother and sister bring home their hauls of candy and he doesn’t have any.  We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment