Friday, April 15, 2011

We’re the idiots!

I am referred to (I would like to assume affectionately) as the water nazi in our neighborhood.  I hate it when people waste water and water their lawns unnecessarily.  Mostly because our yard is the low spot for all the surrounding houses, so we get everyone’s water when they over-water.  It seems like when people think their grass looks a little ill, they think they need to water more.  Throw some more water on it!  That will fix it!  Right?

Our secondary water came on a couple days ago.  I told several people, “Watch.  Once the water comes on, people will be watering their lawns even though the snow has just barely melted.  People can be such idiots!”  Well guess what?  WE’RE THE IDIOTS!!

I was taking out the trash last night (after a very long editing session with my very patient husband-- my paper is due today and I’m still not happy with it) and saw our sprinklers going!  After slapping my forehead in disbelief, I ran quickly back inside to shut them off before any of my neighbors could see that we’re the idiots with their sprinklers on already!  

I have been thinking for the last several days that I needed to make sure that the sprinklers were turned off, but I kept forgetting.  Well, they’re off now!  And they are sure to stay that way for at least a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment