Saturday, May 21, 2011

I love my son.

fall 019

(Yes, this is another story about my G-man.  I have a feeling he is going to give me plenty of “fun” stories over the years.)

This weekend G-man and I had the house to ourselves.  TRMinator and Hubby were camping with the scouts and Squanner was spending the night at Grandma and Papa’s house.  So I thought it would be fun to something with the G-man, you know, some bonding time.  This morning I told him that we were going to go out for breakfast.  I thought that would be fun because that is something that we don’t do very much.  He also had a free kid’s meal certificate to Mimi’s Cafe from school, so it would be cheap too!  Win-win!

This morning as he was playing on the computer, I told him that I thought it would be fun to go out for breakfast.  He paused and thought about it for a minute, then said, “Nah.” -- I literally had to force him to go get dressed and go with me.

Then once we got there he realized that he didn’t have Hubby’s phone to play on!  My phone isn’t cool and doesn’t have lots of games on it.  Could this morning get any worse?!  He was forced to sit there and actually carry on a conversation with me.  Horrors!  It may have been torturous for him, but he did finally warm up and act like it was okay that he was there.  Especially after I gave him some of my bacon and he discovered that he like it dipped in syrup. 

By the time we left he was happy and ready to spend more time with me.  He told me that he wanted to do a dance battle with me on the Xbox with Dance Central and was ready to hang out with me a bit.  But the boys were back by the time we got home, so that went out the window.  That’s alright though, I got some quality time with my G-man, and I know by now that when it comes to him, I have to be happy with what I get!

No comments:

Post a Comment