Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I’m grateful for the little things

This time of year I am so grateful that my family is healthy, and probably not for the reasons that you would assume (well, I’m grateful for those too).  Our health insurance renews itself in July.  So long about this time of year is when we have to start filling out the pages long health questionnaires to shop policies and see who is the cheapest.  I dread those stupid forms.  They generally want to know if you have ever been to the doctor--ever in your life--and if you have ever taken a prescription.   If you have ever had to  take medication, they want to know who prescribed it and and the dosage that you had to take, along with a promise that you will give your first born if needs be.  Who remembers that kind of stuff?

Thankfully I keep a file folder of all the bills or anything we get from the insurance company or our doctor’s office, so I was able to fill out the form without too much hassle.  The real reason it wasn’t too much of a hassle though, was because the only time any of us visited the doctor’s office this year was for TRMinator to get his 7th grade immunizations and Squanner to get her Kindergarten shots.  None of my kids got sick last year, and we never had to get a prescription filled. (knock on wood!) 

I am so grateful that my family is healthy!  I’m grateful that we have been blessed with good health because I don’t want anyone to have to be sick, but it also makes that stupid forms a lot easier to fill out!

No comments:

Post a Comment