Thursday, June 24, 2010

I’m a bad mom!

I told TRMinator today that I was being a bad mom, and they were going to take away my mom license.  He thought about that for a second and asked, “Do you really have a license?”  After I stopped laughing, I told him, “No, not really,” but I still felt guilty.

This is why I’m being a bad mom.  I let TRMinator sluff half the day of school!  First, let me explain that I firmly believe in not taking my kids out of school.  I don’t schedule family vacations during school time, and I schedule dentist and doctor visits while they are off track.  I feel like if school is in session, that is where they need to be.

I checked TRMinator out early today for a doctor’s appointment.  I know, why, you ask, would I schedule a doctor’s appointment during a school day, when I don’t like to pull them out?  Well, as in most other areas of my life, it came down to the numbers.  TRMinator needed a physical for scout camp this summer and our insurance is going to change July 1st.  Our copay is going to go up, and I wanted to get him in before that happened.  I know most clinics offer scout physicals for $20, but our copay right now is only $15.  5 bucks is 5bucks!!  So in other words, I pulled him out of school so I could save $5.  That’s right!  In case you are wondering, I prefer the term frugal, or responsible to cheap!

Now here’s the bad part.  I checked him out at 10:00am.  We were done at the doctor’s office by 11:00am.  I didn’t check him back in till 1:30pm!  *gasp!!*  What on earth were we doing for that long?  Mostly just killing time!  I figured it would take a lot longer at the clinic than it did (our doctor is notorious for running behind) and I thought that it would probably be time for lunch when we were done, so we could all go out for lunch!

Since it didn’t take us as long, we sat around till it was about time for lunch, then went to go pick up Hubby, but he was in the midst of putting out some programming fires at work, so we had to sit around and wait for him.  Long story short, we finally had lunch, but we were a heck of a lot later than I ever intended to be.  I’m trying to make it better by telling myself that there are only 6 days left of school, and that they weren’t doing much anyway.

TRMinator is not the least bit upset by the whole situation.  It’s going to get really ugly though when G-man finds out that TRMinator got to skip that much school and he didn’t!  Heaven help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment