Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Olympic sized event!

I have been hearing grumblings from the audience for my lack of blog posts recently.  So I am here to rectify the situation, that and I’m putting off cleaning the bathrooms!  I’ve kind of had a lot on my mind lately that I have already written a post about, but I don’t think that I want to put it up quite yet, so I am going to post some pictures of the boys’ school olympics instead.

Every other year our school has what they call the Lincoln Olympics.  The kids carry flags from all over the world and walk 2 blocks (it’s actually quite a sight to see) to the high school and do all sorts of track and field activities.  They split the grades up, first through third goes in the morning, then fourth through sixth go in the afternoon.

I went over in the morning to watch the G-man for a little bit.  I only got to see one of his events because my mom & I had plans to go shopping that morning.  (Priorities!)

Olympics 002

I think this was the 100 meter  dash.  I’m not sure since I was never a track person.

I went back that afternoon to watch the TRMinator.  (We were done shopping by that point!)

Olympics 006

He was throwing the javelin. 

He was set to run one more race, (I had missed the other running events) but then it started to rain, so they ended early and went back to the school.

Olympics 010

Since I didn’t have a picture of him running, I told him that we were going to stage one.  I had him run toward me, but someone got in the way when I was about to take the picture, so this is the best I have!

This was TRMinator’s last year.  Next time the Princess will be competing also!  Wow, that’s hard to believe.

Okay, I think that’s enough stalling for now.  On to clean to bathrooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment