Monday, June 7, 2010

What’s for dinner?

The age old question, “What’s for dinner?”  I’m sure that is asked many times across the country in just as many homes.  People hear it all the time.  It’s even asked in my house on a nightly basis.  Well, let me fill you in on my thoughts on this question.  STOP ASKING!!!

I’m not sure why, but for some reason, the question, “What’s for dinner?” really annoys me.  Whenever anyone in my family asks me that question, I never tell them.  My pat answer to them always is, “Food.”  When they ask what kind of food, I answer, “Food that you don’t have to make.”

I really don’t know why I don’t want to tell them.  It would probably be the family joke if I was kidding when I answer that way.  But I’m not.  I guess it’s just my way of trying to be nice while telling  them to just not worry about what I’m making because you’re going to have to eat it whether you like it or not. 

Personally, I think my family should be grateful that they get to eat food on a daily basis that they don’t have to make, and just leave it at that.  But no, I still hear every day, “What’s for dinner?”  *sigh*  I guess they’ll never learn!

1 comment:

  1. My pat answer to that question? Stinky Feet and Dirty underware. They don't ask too much anymore. I think they are afraid someday I just might serve it!

    ReplyDelete