Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It must be that time of year again!

You know the holidays are just around the corner when you start getting the deal of the day emails.  I may be odd, but I love those emails!  I love to see what I might get a good deal on!  I don’t usually take advantage of those deals but it’s fun to see what it is for the day.

I’m excited for the holidays this year.  It’s going to be much less stressful for me because we are staying home!  Well, technically on Thanksgiving day we are driving about an hour to Hubby’s brother’s house, but I get to sleep in my own bed, and cook in my own kitchen, so that is staying home for me!  I’m excited because I don’t have to stress over a seven hour drive and worry if I have enough snacks and entertainment to keep the kids occupied for the duration, or how I’m going to keep myself busy for that long.

I think there’s also something to be said for cooking in your own kitchen.  I know where things are and I know what size of bowls to use when I am home.  I don’t know what it is, but when I don’t have the utensils I’m used to, it throws me off.  I know how much fits and what I can make in my bowls, but if you give me another set, it just makes me all discombobulated!

I’m also much less stressed this year because I’m trying to stay on top of the things I need to do.  I am trying to stay organized and am starting the things I have to sew and craft early.  I love it when life is organized and I can check things off my list.  I love checking things off of lists!!!  It makes me so happy!

I guess the true test will be to check back in a month and see if I am still organized and not a ball of tense nerves ready to explode.  You just never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment