Friday, November 19, 2010

Random Friday

We have a very special ring tone/message indicator/really any type beep announcer in our house.

She goes by the name Squanner.

Future Cardinelles 001

Okay, let me just interrupt this particular train of thought for a minute.  My mom thinks that I just switched from calling her the Princess to Squanner without warning or an explanation.  I will grant the without warning bit, but I did explain in one post that I was changing what I was going to call her in my blog.  It was a bit buried in a post, so some of you may have missed it.  I changed her name in my blog to Squanner because that is what I call her at home.  I’m not really sure where that nickname came from, but she answers to it, so we go with it.

Okay, back to the regularly scheduled post:

Any time a phone rings, any beeper goes off, or my instant messenger on my computer dings, Squanner has to announce it to us.  Every time Hubby’s phone rings, she pipes up, “Dad!  Your phone is ringing!”

My oven beeps when it is up to temperature.  When it beeps, she announces, “Mom!  Something beeped!”

The best is when I am in the front room messaging Hubby on my laptop, she is in the office at the back of the house playing on the computer, and she hears the ding indicating that I just got a message, and she has to yell to me, “Mom!  You have a message!”

I really don’t know what we would do without our own special message indicator.  I don’t know if I would know what all that beeping and ringing was in my house without her!

------------------------------------------

As some of you may or may not know, I am a closet British Royal family junkie.  I can tell you who just about every member of the royal family is and how they fit and are related.

The best part of the royals are royal weddings!!  Yes, my mom woke me up at 5 in the morning (as best she could!) when I was 6 to watch Charles & Diana’s wedding.  I remember watching Andrew & Sarah’s wedding 5 years later.  I still have all the magazines and books of pictures from those weddings.

Well, guess what!  There’s going to be another one!!

800_ap_william_kate4_101116

Yes, I am eating up all the details that are emerging about this one!  I will also watch it, but thankfully DVR is around now so I don’t have to wake up in the wee hours of the morning to watch it live.  I’ll record it and watch it at a more sane hour of the day.  I will probably sit and watch it with Squanner, so she can be properly indoctrinated into the royal family mania!

1 comment: