Thursday, January 6, 2011

Is he sick, or is he not sick, that is the question…

The G-man stayed home from school today.  He says his stomach hurts really bad.  I believe him because he was up several times last night in our room complaining that his stomach hurt.  But does it hurt bad enough to justify staying home from school?  That’s the real question.

This is one of those things that makes me wonder if I’m being a good mom by listening to my child and believing him when he says he’s sick, or if I am being a bad mom and giving in to his  slacking tendencies.  (This is only his second sick day this school year. though.)  I remember when I was a kid, we had to be half dead before we could stay home from school- that may be a slight exaggeration if you ask my mom, but I don’t recall it that way.  

I told him that my goal was to take him to school this afternoon when I take Squanner to school.  I guess we’ll just have to see how he says he’s feeling by then.  And then see if I believe him or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment