Friday, January 14, 2011

Random Friday

Since Hubby and I have decided to stay put and not try and sell our house again for another year or so, we are going to do little things here and there to fix it up.  Basically things that I would have liked to do, but we were going to move, so Hubby didn’t want to.

Last week we put up new lights outside and switched out the light fixtures in all the bathrooms.  Next up, we would like to replace the linoleum in the bathrooms with tile and put in new countertops in the kitchen.  I am very excited to be doing these things because it’s stuff I would have loved to have done when we built our house, but we couldn’t afford to then.  It’s really fun to walk into the home improvement store and pick out what I actually want instead of picking out whatever is the cheapest. 

------------------------------------

I am so proud of my boys right now.  Today is end of the semester and TRMinator has all A’s!  He’ll be getting a 4.0 this quarter because they are all solids A’s, no A –.  His lowest percentage is in science and it’s a 94%.  He even has three classes that he is getting over 100%!

G-man got monthly Jr. Wapiti for his class.  His teacher does a little incentive program called Jr. Wapiti (before you ask, I’m not sure what a wapiti is, I think some type of elk or something).  To get it you need to have all you work turned in on time, among other things, for the week.  If you get it every week, you get Jr. Wapiti for the month.  Well this month, for the first time he got Jr. Wapiti for the month and he is so excited.  I am so proud of him because this is something he has been struggling with for most of the year, and it is finally clicking with him.

I think I’ll have to take them out for ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment