Friday, January 7, 2011

Is this really what I signed up for?

Wow, I’m really frustrated with my English classes right now, so maybe if I write about it I’ll feel better!  (really sounds like an English major, huh?) 

This semester I am taking two classes, both of which are online.  I wasn’t exactly sure when I signed up for online classes if I would like it, but I figured, why not.  Especially since Squanner is only in school half the day, I don’t have the freedom yet to go to class whenever I want. 

Here is my opinion so far of online classes:  it’s an easy out for the professor.  I am not impressed with how it is working.  I am particularly frustrated with my critical literature class right now.  It is really feeling like a sink or swim situation without any direction.  We are supposed to comment on discussion threads weekly, with the professor starting the first one.  School started Monday and she still hasn’t posted a discussion question for this week yet.  I really hope that she decides to pop into the discussion board and start actually teaching sometime, because right now I feel like I am going to have to teach all this material to myself and I didn’t pay that kind of money in tuition for a self-taught course.

No comments:

Post a Comment