Monday, September 6, 2010

Better late than never!

I know, I know.  I said I would post pictures from TRMinator’s birthday on Friday.  Well, I don’t have a good excuse, so here you go.

I decided a long time ago that throwing birthday parties for my kids with friends is a lot of work, and that I just don’t particularly enjoy it.  So I made them a deal and told them that they can have one when they are 5, 8, 12 and 16.  G-man is happy with low-key parties that just include a friend of two.  TRMinator, my social butterfly, usually wants to invite half the school.

Well, this year TRMinator turned the ripe old age of 12 and reminded me that this was his year to have a party.  I tried to remind him that I let him have an end of elementary party with his friends after the school year was done, and that should be good enough, but unfortunately, he wasn’t going to let me off the hook.  So I gritted my teeth and threw him a party.

TRM birthday party 001  

I made him narrow the invites down to 8, (if he had his way, it probably would have been 20) and we played games from the show Minute to Win It. 

TRM birthday party 016

They were trying to get ping pong balls into a glass.  Not quite as easy as you would think!

TRM birthday party 064

Trying to get a cookie from their forehead to their mouth without using their hands.

TRM birthday party 095

Let me tell you, that kid raked in the gifts!!

TRM birthday party 097

I think that was about the loudest rendition of Happy Birthday that I have ever heard.

He had fun, all the kids he invited had fun, and now I don’t have to do it again for another 4 years!!  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment