Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sometimes you just need your mommy

Halloween is just around the corner!  At least it is in my book.  I have, like 6 weeks, (maybe less, I haven’t actually counted yet.  I don’t know that I want to!) and I haven’t even started costumes.  I’m not terribly freaked out about that yet, but I will be.  Probably soon.  And I’m sure when it hits, it will be bad.

Normally my mom & I shop for fabric for the costumes together.  She tells me what she thinks will look good together, and I listen.  Sometimes I go with what she suggested, sometimes (I’m sure to her consternation) I don’t.  Well, she was busy this morning, so I thought I would run to the fabric store by myself.  I thought I could handle it.  I thought, “How hard can it be?”  Well……

I can’t do it!!!  I can’t do it by myself!!!!  That tulle might look better with this satin!  Or what about that satin!  Should I do this netting or that?!  Do I like this shade better than that one?  Which ribbon looks better?  Aaaahhhh!! I can’t take it!!  Someone just tell me which one I want!

Hubby likes to tease me that ever since my parents moved here I can’t make a decision on my own anymore.  Well, when it comes to fabric stores it’s true, and Idontevencare.  I need my mother!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment