Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The dirty, stinky, and possible wet camp report

TRMinator is home from camp!  He and Hubby got home Saturday around noon.  Hubby is the assistant Scout Master for his troop, so he was up there with the T-man for the second half of the week.  They got home tired, dirty, sweaty and stinky, but they had fun.

One of the features of the camp they went to was the horseback riding merit badge.  TRMinator was pretty excited for that one.

Scout Camp 057


He earned 5 other merit badges while he was there, one of which was basket making.

Scout Camp 044

This was my first experience with one of my kids going to an extended Scout camp.  We’ve done day camps in the past but never a week long one.

I’ve learned several things from this experience.  The first is, boys don’t like to shower.  They will only do so when strongly encouraged (forced- however you chose to look at it) to do so.  Second, they don’t really change their clothes.  If they wore it yesterday and to sleep in last night, it’s still good enough for today, right?!  Third, don’t ever wear white shirts.  Because when they come home with at least 2 to 3 days of grime on it like dirt, sweat and fish guts, they don’t really come clean.  Even when you bleach them and run them through the 2 1/2 hour stain cycle on your washing machine.

I must say, I expected TRMinator to be dirty and was prepared for it.  The thing that I didn’t expect to see so dirty was this:

Dirty-car

I have never, in the life of that car, seen it that dirty! Hubby could only take it for so long.  He waited till that evening when it cooled off and went out to wash it.

Now here’s where the story takes a bit of a twist, you might say.  It didn’t matter that there were storm clouds in the sky and it looked like it might start raining any minute.  His car was filthy and it had to be cleaned off!

Rainy Car Wash 058

Rainy Car Wash 059

Yep.  He washed his car in the rain.  It wasn’t too bad at first, just a few sprinkles.  When it really started coming down you would think that he would be done.  Nope!!  I sat in the garage and laughed at him while I took pictures to document his insanity for our posterity.

Rainy Car Wash 065


Rainy Car Wash 067


Rainy Car Wash 069


And I thought I had seen it all with the lengths he would go to to keep his car clean.  I was mistaken.

1 comment:

  1. Looking at these pictures made me homesick. I cannot believe how big your kids are!

    ReplyDelete