Friday, August 6, 2010

Where oh where has the time gone?

I’m not sure if I feel this way every year, but for some reason this year’s summer break has seemed to zip by.  Could be that we are on year round school and we didn’t get out till the first week of July and our summer is only 6 weeks long.  Hmmm, that might have something to do with it. 

Regardless, my youngest two start school next week, so we went to Boondocks yesterday as a sort of last hurrah for summer.  So of course, I have to post pictures!

This was the first time we had gone there when it was warm enough to do all the rides outside.  First up!  Bumper boats!

Boondocks 003

It was kind of hot, I was about ready to jump in that pool!  I bet I would have have gotten kicked out!

--------------------

Next up, the go cart race tracks. 

Boondocks 016

TRMinator was big enough to drive on this track.

Boondocks 032 

--------------------

They had another track that G-man was tall enough to drive by himself.

Boondocks 025

--------------------

After that, a few rounds of miniature golf.  I must say, G-man is about the fastest golfer I’ve seen.  Of course his methods may not be completely by the rules.

Boondocks 034

Boondocks 039

--------------------

While the boys were driving the go carts around some more, Squanner (that’s what I call the Princess in real life, so that’s what I’m changing her name to on my blog!) decided that she wanted to go on the bumper boats again.  She was big enough to go by herself, so she did.

Boondocks 064

This is how she spent most of her time.  The boats also could squirt water.  She HATES being squirted with water, so she ducked down to avoid getting wet.  Of course by this point, she knew that the boats could squirt water, and that chances were great that she would get wet, but she still wanted to go on it anyway. 

She kind of floated out to the corner and stayed there because she didn’t have the whole steering thing down.  When time was up and they were supposed to come in, she wasn’t quite sure how to do that.

Boondocks 073

So the guy that was working the ride had to jump on someone else’s boat then climb onto hers to steer her back to the side.

Boondocks 074

Maybe I should have been concerned that my daughter was stuck adrift in the middle of the bumper boat pool, but I thought it was kind of funny!  I was actually more than willing to dive in and go rescue her.  That water looked sooo tempting!

We had lots of fun.  Now, I guess it’s time to start school, and the joys of homework!  Uggh!

No comments:

Post a Comment