Friday, August 20, 2010

Random Friday

It’s been a busy week, so I think I’ll make it a random day so I don’t have to tie everything together!

First off, we had a funeral last weekend.  Hubby’s grandma died last week, so her funeral was on Saturday.  It was nice to see everyone and celebrate her life since we know that she is happy and is with her family that has gone on ahead of her. 

Hubby, his two sisters and I sang a song during the service.  We know that Squanner thought that it was a boring song, because she loudly proclaimed as much to the people that were sitting around her during the song.  (The things you can get away with when you are 5.)  I pitched in because they needed another voice.  I’m not sure why, but I don’t really volunteer to sing any more.  I used to sing in church all the time growing up and sang in choir at school, but for some reason I don’t anymore.  I guess it’s one of life’s mysteries because it’s not that I don’t enjoy it, I guess I just don’t want to put forth the effort.

The funeral was in Heber Valley, and those of you who aren’t familiar with that area- it’s beautiful, so you know there will be pictures!

Grandma Reed 109


Hubby’s grandma had a barn that he has lots of memories of playing in as a kid.  It’s falling down now, but I still had to get some pictures of it.

Grandma Reed 071


You really didn’t think that I would have shots of just the barn, did you?  Of course my kids were in it too!  (hmm… I really don’t line them up that way, they just do that themselves)

---------------

Then a couple of days ago my dad had a birthday.  His is only the second in the long list of August birthdays for our family.  We are going to have this birthday party thing down by the end of the month.  Anyway, whenever you ask him how old he is, his response is always, “I don’t know, I was born in ‘48, figure it out.”  Ahh, my dad is such a jokester.

Papa's birthday 019

Papa's birthday 046

My parent’s neighbors always bring him a cantaloupe for his birthday as kind of a joke.  My mom hates cantaloupes and my dad likes them.  I don’t know if he really enjoys the cantaloupe so much as he enjoys my mom’s reaction when he eats them.

Since I had my camera, and since my mom makes their back yard a mecca for hummingbirds, I had to stand there and take like 100 pictures to see if I could get a good one of some hummers.

Papa's birthday 059

Turns out, I could!

Papa's birthday 095

I had it in sports mode and just snapped away!

---------------

Starting next week I am going to have all 3 of my children in school!  I’m not quite sure how I feel about that.  Although I am going to be in school myself, so maybe I won’t have time to ponder my feelings about being home alone.  I guess I will find out soon enough!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment