Friday, April 9, 2010

Princess drama and some random stuff

The other night as the kids were going to bed, they had just finished saying their prayers when the Princess started crying.  We looked over to find her like this.

Easter10 113 

She was crying, “I’m the littlest in our family!!”  After we explained to her that she was the youngest, and so that made her the littlest and that was okay, she seemed to cheer up.  Especially after Hubby got the camera to take her picture. 

That’s how life goes when you have a princess in your house.  One minute drama, and the next it’s gone.  Sometimes it almost gives me whiplash!

-----------------------

On a different note, I have strep throat.  I started coming down with it on Wednesday.  By that afternoon I was pretty sure that I had it, but I knew I wouldn’t be able to get a regular appointment  with the Dr. till the next day.  Our clinic is open till 9:00pm for after hours care, but the copay is $20 more.  Hubby asked me if I wanted to go in that night, but I told him, “Are you kidding me?  I’m not spending 20 extra bucks!  I’ll wait till tomorrow!”

This must be a pretty bad case too.  I thought I had the flu also, but apparently the throwing up, and aches and fever and chills can be symptoms of strep, I’ve never had all of those symptoms too.  I went in to the doctor yesterday (with only paying my $15 copay, thank you very much) and got the antibiotic shot.  I thought that I would be up and about and much better today.  I’m really not.  I am still dragging.  And this really sucks.  I don’t get sick very much, so when I do, I’m not very patient about it. 

It’s actually kind of a good thing that my kids are home and off track right now.  I don’t have to get up and go anywhere to take them to school or pick them up, and TRMinator is very good and taking care of his siblings.  He has gotten them breakfast for the past couple of days, and made them lunch yesterday.  My friend Sarah brought us dinner last night over my objections.  I told her that TRMinator could make grilled cheese (his specialty) for everyone, and she said that if she got here and found that he had made that, I was going to be in trouble.  (That’s pretty much how you have to deal with me if you want me to accept help.)

Hopefully I will be better tomorrow because I have to take TRMinator to his first soccer game of the season.  That, and I am tired of being sick! 

1 comment:

  1. Her exact words (and she had to repeat them several times) when I asked her why she was crying were "because I am the teeniest person in this family." It came out of nowhere and passed just as quickly. All I have to say is that she doesn't get that behavior from me!

    ReplyDelete