Thursday, September 17, 2009

Just call me the DJ

We are going to Las Vegas this weekend for a nephew’s baptism.  The hubby’s brother and his family live there.  We haven’t been to Sin City in about 3 years because they have been coming up here for holidays and such lately.

Let me tell you something about myself.  Any trip in the car that is longer than an hour is like an eternity to me!  So the 7 hour drive to Vegas is just about torture.  It’s not that the kids are annoying, they are usually pretty good.  They have movies to watch, DS’ to play and I usually load them up with snacks. (although the high pitched whine of, “I have to go to the bathroom!!” when you are 50 miles from anything close to civilization is a bit unnerving)  It is me.  Sometimes I think I have the attention span of an gnat.  I get bored easily.  So to alleviate my boredom, I spin the tunes in the car.   I put myself in charge of the MP3 player and play the part of the DJ for our trip.  The hubby would like for me to insert here that I will be spinning the tunes on the new Zune HD.  For some reason he’s pretty excited about that, I think it has something to do with the fact that he is a techno junkie and any new electronic gadget is his drug of choice, especially if it is on the Zune platform.

Part of the problem with my DJ abilities is that while one song is playing, I am looking for the next song to play.  At least half of the time, I cut one song off to start another.  My ever patient hubby just laughs at me and waits (sometimes in vain) for me to get through one whole song, and every once in awhile,  a whole album.  It’s really kind of become our little joke.  I’m the schizo-DJ, and I think I am okay with that.  It could be worse, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment