Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wrong thing – right time

Is it bad to be glad that something bad happened when it did?  I know that makes no sense so let me explain.  I got home today from having lunch with the hubby and had a message from the G-man’s teacher on the machine.  She said that he fell off some equipment on the playground and cut his chin and got some blood on his shirt,  and that it was up to me whether or not I wanted him to come home.  So I ran to the school thinking that I would just give him some Tylenol and he could stay for the rest of the day.  When I got there, he looked kind of pathetic, and it tugged on the ole heartstrings, so I told him that he could come home.  I checked his chin, and it didn’t look too bad.  Then when we got home and I took the band aid all the way off to put a new one on, I saw that the cut was actually lower on his chin than the band aid was, and it was actually pretty deep.  Of course, doubting my skills at telling whether a cut needs stitches or not, I called the hubby and told him to come home and look at it.  Sure enough, he said it did, so I called Wee Care to take him in.

Let me insert a little tidbit here.  The princess jumped off the couch a couple of months ago and the wall magically jumped out in front of her and she gashed her head open.  In case you didn’t know, head wounds bleed like crazy. (we didn’t know that, we do now!!)  In a panic, we rushed her to the ER and suffice it to say, her 10 stitches cost a heck of a lot more than the current 3 in the G-man’s chin.

So the whole, “is it bad to be glad that something bad happened when it did?” question.  The princess and I are getting on a plane tomorrow morning to fly home to Iowa.  (we are leaving the house at 5:30am, yes, AM people!!)  I have been thinking that I’m so glad this happened today and not tomorrow!  First of all, the hubby isn’t taking time off from work because the boys will be in school all day.  So by the time he got home to look at it, it probably would have been too late to do much.  And hubby probably would have had to call me to see where to take him, and where the insurance cards are, and all that good stuff.  I handle all this stuff, so he hasn’t had to do anything like this.  I’m sure he could, he just never has.  The biggest reason of all that I’m glad this happened today, and not while I’m gone?  I would be a nervous wreck if I were 1300 miles away, and knew that my baby fell and needed stitches and I wasn’t there!  I know, pathetic, but I don’t even care!

stitches-blog

2 comments:

  1. Ohh that makes me sad, the poor kid. I do hope you enjoy your vacation though.

    ReplyDelete