Monday, September 7, 2009

What’s that smell?

Aahh, Labor Day, the smell of fall is in the air.  Well, fall can just take it’s smell and go back to where it came from, because I am not ready to give up summer yet!  Summer just seemed way too short this year.  Here in Utah we had a rather long, cold and wet spring.  I was wearing jeans into June, for pete sake!  That’s just not right!

It didn’t help that my kids are on year round school, and they only had a six week summer.  I enjoy having my kids home because once school starts, the homework starts.  I found that the best way for my G-man to get his homework done in a timely fashion is to do little games and incentives with him.  I’ve got a limited repertoire of those, so once he’s tired of those I’m not sure what we’ll do.  As of now, I can still keep up with the TRMinator’s 6th grade math.  Give me a few more months, and I’m sure I won’t.  That’s when the hubby is going to have to step in and take over.  (He still uses all that stupid math that we learned in high school that we all thought we’d never use again!)

For some reason I’m also having a hard time adjusting to the schedules again.  Which is weird because I’m usually a very schedule-oriented person.  I’m just not ready to be running all the time yet.  Between soccer practice, piano lessons and two boys in scouts, there is something everyday.  

Fall is here whether I like it or not.  I guess that just means I’ll have to get ready for… Halloween!! (more on that tomorrow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment