Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Gripe session!

I’m kind of in a mood today, so excuse me while I gripe.

Is it just me, or does the state of Utah have an extreme amount of dust?  I think I just might become friends with the dust and let it be.  Obviously it likes my house and wants to move in and become part of the family, so I think I just might let it.  Frankly, I’m getting tired of trying to keep it out.

As you might be able to tell, I’ve been cleaning the house today.  One of the things I cleaned was the bathrooms.  One of those bathrooms is the one my children use, more specifically my boys.  I won’t get into the nitty gritty, but holy cow!!  I may soon institute a ‘sit down’ rule in our house.  It was a bit ridiculous, between that and the toothpaste all over the counter, I think I might be living with a bunch of Neanderthals.

I went shopping last weekend.  I was so excited because I had friends and family coupons for 2 of my favorite stores.  One was for 30% your entire purchase at a clothing store for the princess.  (my other blogging friends never mention store names.  I’m assuming that’s not kosher for blogs, I don’t really know, but I’ll stick with what works for them.)   I got her two really cute outfits, and even with the 30 % off, they were still kind of pricey.  I just got an email from them and all the stuff I bought is now on sale.  I hate it when that happens!!  I can’t really get a price adjustment, because the extra 30% was only good for last weekend, and everything is 20% off now, so technically I got a better deal than I can now, but it would have been a heck of a lot better if they were 20% off to start with, then I got an extra 30% off.  Grrrr.

My other coupon was for an extra 20% off your total purchase at the fabric store.  I wanted to get flannel for the boys’ jammies and fabric for the princess’s Christmas dress.  Usually most everything is already on sale at that store, so I thought I would be scoring a good deal because my coupon worked on sale items too.  Well guess what.  Hardly anything was already on sale.  Aren’t we supposed to still be in a recession?  Let the consumers get some good deals, for pete sake!

I suppose I’d better get back to work now that I’ve gotten that off my chest.  I think I would be happier if that stack of ironing that is waiting for me magically ironed itself!  Either that, or hubby decided that it was cool to wear wrinkled shirts to work.  What do you think the odds of that are?  Yeah, not good.

1 comment:

  1. Hello.... you live in a desert. That is like living on a gigantic pile of dust. You are lucky it isn't worse. As for shopping, why didn't you call me?

    ReplyDelete