Monday, November 23, 2009

It’s the most wonderful time of the yeeaaarrrr!!

Aahh the holiday season.  The time of peace on earth, goodwill toward man and the time where everyone runs around like they have lost their minds and common sense and courtesy go out the window.

I have a pet peeve about something that is generally worse during the holidays- shopping carts in parking lots.  Seriously people!!  How hard is it to put the cart back in a cart return!!!  Even when my kids were really little I could manage to put them back!   There are so many times when I see a cart stranded in the middle of a parking spot, and there is a cart return right on the other side of the aisle.  I watched a lady one time put more energy and effort into putting a cart up over the lip of the side walk that ran in front of her car so she could leave it there, than it would have taken to turn around and wheel it to the cart return that was directly behind her car.  It’s amazing to me that people can’t take the extra 2 seconds of effort to just put the cart where it goes, and show a little courtesy to everyone around them.

As I’ve gotten older and more crotchety, I’ve found that I try to avoid shopping centers if at all possible during the month of December.  I like to try and get as much as I can done early, so I can stay home in my nice warm, comfy house, instead of go out and curse under my breath at all the people who left their common sense and manners at home.

Aaahh, the holiday season, it’s the most wonderful time of the year… as long as I can stay home, and not deal with the general public!

p.s.  Here’s another one that I saw when Hubby and I were out shopping on Saturday, if it’s cold enough outside to be wearing a coat, don’t you think it’s cold enough to put socks or some type of footwear on your baby?  Don’t you think their little toes might be just a bit cold?  Some people’s ignorance amazes me!  Sorry, I try and keep this blog positive, but that one just bugs me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment