Monday, November 2, 2009

Hallelujah it’s over!

Halloween is over!!  Hip hip hooray!  Now I can relax, right?  Wrong!!  I have this little personality quirk that makes it virtually impossible for me to settle down and relax when there is something on the horizon for me to do. Christmas is next month!  I have robes and pajamas to make!

Hubby says that I live about 12-24 hours in advance.  I’m always thinking of what I need to do next, and rarely stop to enjoy what’s happening now.  The perfect example of this is when we went on our cruise a couple of years ago.  I never stopped and just lounged on deck, or watched the ocean go by for more than about 10 minutes at a time.  First of all, I got bored, then I kept thinking about where we should go next, or what we should do next.  It was really kind of ridiculous.  I had a great time, and would love to go again, but I wish I would have done a better job of living in the moment and not worrying about the things that are in the future, and the things that are out of my control.  I probably would have had a better time!

So, since this little ‘quirk’ of mine isn’t going away anytime soon, I guess I’ll get busy and get the robes and pajamas done, so I can at least not worry about those, while I worry about everything else that has to do with Christmas!

Oh yes, pictures from Halloween.  You don’t think I would go to that much work, and not show it off?!!Halloween 005 My two clones.  This picture really doesn’t do them justice.  Each one had 14 different pieces to it.  Each leg had 3 pieces, each arm 3, and shoulder a piece, with the body and the belt.  Then I had to figure out how to make it so they could actually get it off and on.  Let’s just say, I get really tired of sewing on Velcro.Halloween 006What handsome clones!

 

Halloween 010 My little Tinkerbelle.  I sprayed her hair yellow.  I think that is what she was most excited about.

 

Halloween 021These two went with Dad.  TRMinator went with his friends.  (Notice the cape!  It kept her warm!)

 

Halloween 022  Getting ready to terrorize the neighborhood!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the costumes! You and I are more alike than I realized. I always have to have something going on or I go crazy. Keep up the good work and enjoy the PJ's! I will think of you as I am doing mine!

    ReplyDelete