Monday, December 7, 2009

Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree!

 

Tree 006

Putting up the Christmas tree, a yearly family tradition, right?  Well, not in my house!  Hubby puts it up for me, (we went to pre-lit artificial several years ago, he got tired of stringing the lights)  then no one gets to touch it but me!  Yes, that’s right, I and I alone decorate the tree.  I take decorating the tree very seriously, and it has to look right.  All of my ornaments have to be in the color scheme that I have (this year gold or silver) and they have to be put up in the right place.

I know, it should be a fun family tradition to decorate the Christmas tree together, but not for me.  I got my kids their own little trees that they have in their rooms that they can decorate however they want, so long as they don’t touch my tree!  I don’t care how lopsided and thrown together their trees look, no one sees them but them!

I’m not really sure when I became so OCD about my tree.  I think maybe one year I got it just right (when my kids were still to young to want to help) and from then on I realized that tree perfection had to come from me and me alone. 

Let’s all enjoy this holiday season and enjoy the time we have to spend with our family and loved ones, just please…                           

DON’T TOUCH MY TREE!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. She's not kidding. Don't touch her tree. As her husband, even I am not allowed to touch the tree. She humored me a couple of years ago and let me put some ornaments on the tree, but I caught her rearranging the ones I had put on. At that point I gave up. Seriously, don't touch her tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you have your little OCD issues too, it's not just me!

    ReplyDelete