Friday, December 11, 2009

Random Friday

I posted yesterday some of the things I didn’t like about winter.  Well, here is one thing that I do!  My car.  I love my car in the winter.  I have an Explorer with 4 wheel drive and tires that are bigger than the standard ones, so I have a bit extra clearance also.  (Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have huge, mongo, montster truck, I’m going to run over all the smaller cars, tires,  they are very tasteful.)  I have found that I can get through pretty much anything.  That being said, when I finally get stuck one of these days (you never know, it might happen), I’m sure that I will be stuck good!   I’m also sure that hubby won’t be able to pull me out with his little Mustang!  Let’s just hope it never happens so I won’t have to worry about it!

Have I mentioned that it has been cold and snowy?  If I haven’t, it has been cold and snowy around here lately.  I’m talking highs in the teens and lows in the low single digits.  Today it is supposed to warm up to 25(!), so I decided to get out for the first time this week and go for a run.  (When I went it was still 17, but that’s almost a heat wave!)  It wasn’t too bad, I put on 3 layers, and did my usual loop.  The only problem was that some sidewalks weren’t shoveled, so I either had to go out into the street, or run very lightly over them so I didn’t fall. 

Running in the winter almost makes me wish I had a treadmill.  Almost.  I hate treadmills because I get sooo bored.  As soon as I’m out of breath I’m done, which would mean that I’m on there for a total of 2 minutes.  When I’m running outside, I’m half a mile from home when I’m tired and want to be done, but I have to get home, so I have to suck it up and finish.

Hubby and I are going on our annual date/shopping night, tonight.  We take the kids to my parent’s, then we go Christmas shopping and go out to eat.  I love it.  I kind of  have to take Hubby shopping with me now, because he knows which Lego set is better and what the boys would think is cool better than I do.  I’m the better clothes shopper, he is the better toy shopper.  We usually eat when we’re done shopping, then I get to enter my version of nirvana, and sit at the table with my notebook and write down everything that we bought and make a list for each of the kids to make sure that they are equal.  Aaahhh!!  I love lists and organization!  It almost makes me giddy just thinking about it!  The best part is, the kids are spending the night there (the princess has been wanting to spend the night at grandma’s for some time now) so we don’t have to hurry and can take our time to find everything that we need.  (I’m one of those crazy people that doesn’t want to take advantage of my parents or have my kids overstay their welcome, so I start getting nervous to pick them up after a couple of hours.)

My kids are off from school the whole week of Christmas. I’m trying to think of some fun, maybe crafty things to do with them while they are home.  Any ideas?  I don’t want to make a tons of treats that will be calling my name.  If I come up with something good I’ll post some pictures!  We’ll see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. You wanna bring them up one day and we will make sugar cookies or something? I am trying to think of things to entertain mine while school is out too, if you think of anything let me know.

    ReplyDelete