Tuesday, December 29, 2009

So this is Christmas

Christmas is a magical, fun time for kids and parents.  Once the calendar hits December 26, though, I am ready for it to be over.  I am ready for the mess to be put away, for all the new toys to have homes, and for life to be back to normal.  Does that make me a Scrooge?  If so, so be it.  I can only take my house being in a chaotic state for so long!

For some reason, I never get very many pictures on Christmas day, and I’m not really sure why.  I think I just forget to grab the camera.  I always remember to take pictures of the kids in their new jammies on Christmas Eve, though!

Christmas 09 010   One of our traditions is the kids get to open one present on Christmas Eve.  Which is usually the pajamas that I made them.  This year they got new robes and slippers also.  I’m not even going to go into how many stores I went to looking for kids slippers!  You wouldn’t think it would be hard to find kids slippers, especially this time of year.  You would be wrong!

Of course, I didn’t get pictures of the kids opening their presents, so I told them to get 2 or 3 of their favorites so I could take their picture… 2 days later.

This was TRMintaor’s

Christmas 09 034

This is the G-man’s

Christmas 09 039

 

And the Princess

Christmas 09 033

 

Then there was me!!

Christmas 09 031Dude!!  I got a Dell!  Isn’t it pretty?!  The design is called Princesses Rule!  I think that is hilarious.

Hubby asked me a month or so ago if I wanted a laptop for Christmas.  I think I laughed at him.  I thought, “why on earth would I want a laptop?  I would never use it!”  Well, lo and behold, when Hubby got his new Macbook for work, I found myself using his old one just about everyday, and I decided that I did want one.

Well, Christmas morning rolled around, and I saved what I thought was my laptop as my last present.  When I opened it and found that it was a new electric griddle instead, I tried not to be too visibly disappointed.  I really didn’t think that he would pass on an opportunity to go computer shopping for me, but maybe he decided to be super responsible - you never know, it could happen!   Then he pulled out one more present.  When I opened it, it was a laptop sleeve with a piece of paper sending me on a scavenger hunt through the house.  After deciphering TRMinator’s clues (he helped with this scheme)  I found my beautiful new computer.  Hubby spoiled me yet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment