Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The G-man strikes again

Oh, my G-man.  Those of you who know him, know what I mean when I say that.  The latest G-incident:

It was my turn to take the boys for scout carpool.  The afternoon started well enough.  I had him get his scout shirt on and get ready to go, while listening to just a small amount of grumbling.  I went out and got in the car to wait for him as he finished putting his shoes on.  He came out without his coat, so I told him to go back and put it on.  As I sat there in the car and waited for several minutes (it should have literally taken him two seconds, his coat was right by the door) I wondered how long it could possibly take to put a coat on.  The longer I waited, the angrier I got.  I called the house (I was already in the car!) and asked TRMinator what G-man was doing.  He was watching TV!  I could have killed him!!  By this point I was fuming and I grounded him from the computer and XBox for the rest of the night.

When I got home I messaged Hubby and told him about the incident all the while wondering what screw is lose in G-man’s brain.  For pete sake!  He knew I was waiting for him, didn’t he?

When Hubby got home, he asked G-man why he was grounded.  After some cajoling he said that he got in trouble. When he asked what happened, he said that he thought I told him to go back in and hang on, instead of go back in and get your coat on.  So he watched some TV while he waited for me.  Oh brother!  Well, that makes a little bit more sense than just completely forgetting what I told him to do two seconds after I told him to do it.  That would be my G-man.  He didn’t question why I would tell him that, he just thought it was a a bit more time to avoid scouts.  That’s how his mind works.  Ahh, sometimes I think my life would be boring without my G-man.

By the way, he’s still grounded for the rest of the night.  I think he can go one whole evening without playing on the computer.  The grounding just won’t be continued for the rest of his life, as I was seriously considering.

No comments:

Post a Comment