Friday, January 29, 2010

You are GOING to have fun!!!

Since I’m not the swearing type, add whatever expletive you would like at the end of that title! (I wanted to!)

As you should know by this point, Hubby took TRMinator to Bear Lake this weekend to go snowmobiling with the family.  They left bright and early this morning ( I know because of course I got up and had to make sure that they got everything.) and will be back sometime tomorrow.

Since Hubby has done a few fun things with just TRMinator lately, I thought it would be fun to take the G-man to have a special day today with the Princess and me.  He was actually excited to go this morning.  The first place we went was to the Treehouse Children’s Museum.  It was really sweet, because G-man stuck with the Princess the whole time.  (Usually he has nothing to do with her except to needle and annoy her.)  He took on the role of big brother quite well, which was good, because I lost them a few times. (Lots of school groups were there this morning!)  After about 45 minutes, he said that he was done.  Princess was still enjoying playing with the trains, so I told him to wait a bit longer.  5 minutes later he said he was completely done, so we left.

Next up was next door at Fat Cat’s, which is an arcade place if you’re not familiar with it.  They also have a Pizza Factory in the building so I thought it would be fun to have lunch there as well.  They have bowling lanes there also, and G-man has been playing bowling on my parent’s Wii and has been pretty good at it, so he wanted to try it in real life.  When we first got there the lanes were pretty busy, so I suggested we have lunch first.  When we were done eating (in case you were wondering, it actually wasn’t bad taking those two to a sit down restaurant by myself!) the lanes were practically empty so I thought it would be a great time to go bowling, or bowling balling, as the Princess puts it.  Well, of course by that point G-man decided that he was done for the day and wanted to go home and play on the X-Box.  I mean, come on!  He had been away from his game for about 2 hours at that point!  That’s perfectly understandable, right?  (grrrr!!)

At some point in all of that I had mentioned possibly going to Boondocks, another arcade place a bit closer to our house, as well, and the Princess really wanted to go there.  Of course G-man didn’t, he just wanted to go home.  So we got in the car, and I cranked up the Phineous and Ferb album that I had downloaded to my MP3 player just for today, and told him that I wasn’t going to let him be a stick in the mud (I already fill that role in our family) and that he was going to have fun today whether he liked it or not!!  So since he was pretty much captive in the car at this point, I drove us to Boondocks.

The nice thing about Boondocks is they have a regular bowling alley as well as a miniature one geared more for little kids.  I thought the G-man would enjoy the smaller one more since it doesn’t take as long as a regular round of bowling.  Well, guess what!!   He did enjoy it!

Our Bear Lake weekend 050Little stinker.

After bowling balling we went on to the arcade games.  I think he spent about $5 in the machine with the stuffed animals that has the claw because last week when we went there he actually won an animal.  He must have the knack with those claw things because even though he didn’t win a stuffed animal this time, he won a plastic dinosaur in another claw machine.  After they spent the rest of their money in the arcade games, (I may have commandeered Princess’ card a lot, but at least I won her tickets!) I allowed that we could go home. 

I thought that we had fun today, if you ask the G-man, he may have something different to say, but I don’t care!  If I have to force him to have fun, so be it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment