Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I’m the stick in the mud!!

Most of Hubby’s siblings and their families are spending the week at Bear Lake this week.  They are all getting condos and spending the time either at the pool or sledding and playing outside in the snow.  My kids are still off track through the end of the week, so this would be a good chance to go and relax and play with all the cousins, right?  Wrong!  We are not going.  Well, I should say, the younger two and I are not going.  Hubby is going and taking TRMinator with him, but not till Friday and he is only going to spend a day up there.

Why, you may be asking, am I  not going up there and vegging with everyone?  Well, several reasons, the first of which is I am not a vegger.  I can’t handle having nothing to do.  I guess you could say I don’t relax well.  The second is there is nothing to do there in the winter except play in the snow, and I don’t particularly enjoy the snow or the cold.  If there was a big town there with shopping and other stuff to do it would be different.  But there’s not.  And it’s boring.

The other problem that I have is really of Hubby’s making.  Usually everyone that goes up there rents snowmobiles for a day or two.  Hubby really likes to go snowmobiling, especially with his brothers.  I don’t really have a problem with that per se.  The problem that I have is that when he rents a snow machine he wants to get his money’s worth out of it, so that is first on his mind.  I come second on those days, which I’m not used to and I don’t like!  See, it’s really his fault because he has spoiled me and has always put me first, so when there’s something else that is put ahead of me it kind of ticks me off!  So rather than have him split his attention, I just decided not to go.

I actually had a hard time coming to that decision.  I waffled for quite a bit on whether or not I would go.  I thought it would be fun to hang out with my SIL’s and that the kids would enjoy sledding for a little bit, but then I remembered how ticked off I was at Hubby by the time I left last year, after I packed everything and everyone up by myself while he was out playing, and how I swore to myself that I was never going to go again.  I decided that it was probably better for our marriage if I didn’t go.

I hope everyone else enjoys their little winter vacation.  I’m sure Hubby and TRMintator will have fun while they are there.  I will be content to stay home and be the stick in the mud!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad I am not the only stick in the mud. My excuse is I can't do anything so whats the point.We should do a stay at home get-together.

    ReplyDelete