Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ssshhh!!!

Are you good at keeping secrets?  I’m not, in fact, I’m terrible at it.  Case in point, when Hubby and I were dating I got him a pair of Doc Martin sandals for Christmas.  I was so excited about them that I gave them to him in September.  Then he broke up with me several weeks later. (he was notorious for doing that while we were dating, it’s a wonder I married him!)  I guess the bright side of that situation was that we got back together by Christmas and I got a ring for my present that year, which kind of put the shoes to shame.  My point is that I’m horrible at keeping secrets.  I usually just get too excited and I give it away.

Hubby and I are planning a family vacation that the kids don’t know about.  We aren’t going till April, so I’d kind of like to keep the cat in the bag till it’s a bit closer to the date.  We’ve been talking about it for a little bit, and somehow have managed not to spill the beans yet…  (crossing my fingers!)

Of course then there’s the problem of how we are going to tell them.  Do we make a big production of it (which is what I’m leaning towards) or do we just break down one day and say, “Hey kids, guess what.  We’re going  _________.”  (I can’t tell you yet!  TRMinator reads this!  Albeit not terribly frequently, so I’m guessing that he’s going to know by the time he reads this, depending on how long I can hold out.)  

Does anyone want to start a little friendly wager on how long I’ll last before I slip up and say something?  I would bet not too long.  I can’t keep secrets, that’s just how I roll!

2 comments:

  1. Knowing you guys, my bet is a Disney cruise or something crazy like that.

    We had some friends who wanted to suprise their kids with a vacation and held out until they got on the plane.

    I can't wait to find out where you are going. I bet you last a week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is Disneyland?????
    I'm betting they know by the end of the month (Jan), which is only 11 days!

    ReplyDelete