Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Drum roll, please…

Today is my mother’s birthday.  If you know her, you may somewhat comprehend what a momentous occasion this is.  If you have grown up with her, as I have, you know that it should be considered a national holiday, and needs to be celebrated as such by her family.

The funny thing about my mom and birthdays is, she really doesn’t care if you get her presents, although they are a bonus.  She especially doesn’t care if you spend very much on said presents.  In fact, she loves cheap crap!  (I think she has used those words in the past, so don’t blame me!)  The key to making my mother happy on her birthday is just to make a big deal about it.  She wants the celebrations and the accolades that go with having birthdays, and she wants to feel like it is her special day.  Trust me, I’ve had it drilled into me now, for… well, let’s just say a little over 30 years.  I really don’t know anyone else like that!  So here’s my shout out to my mom on her birthday!!

birthday_candles

No comments:

Post a Comment