Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy birthday to my brown eyed girl

I can’t believe my baby turned 5 yesterday!  I think she had a fun day.  It would probably depend when you would have asked her.  Let me give you a rundown of her day.

She had school yesterday and it was her snack day also, so she brought cupcakes to share with everyone.  She came out of school wearing a birthday crown, and on the way home I told her that it was hers and she got to keep it.  Apparently she didn’t realize that because she got really excited and told me that, “This is the best day ever!!”  Not two minutes later, this was her state of mind.

Nanner 5th B-day 016   

All because I wanted her to put her hands down so I could get a picture of her shirt.  She proceeded to stomp up the stairs to her room crying, “This is the worst day ever!”

I guess she wanted to make a heart with her hands when I took her picture.  Once I let her, she was happy.

Nanner 5th B-day 017

Next we went to McDonald’s with a play place for lunch.  She was crying when we left there as well, but that was because someone stepped on her hair when she was going down the slide.  I guess we’ll excuse that one.

After I took her shopping that afternoon to spend her birthday money that she got from my grandma, we went to Boondocks for her family party.  She was pretty excited to go there, but her brothers may have been a little more excited.   They were anxious to play laser tag and discussed their strategies for days. 

After dinner and games we went home for cake and ice cream and presents.  My mom’s neighbor made her cake.

Nanner 5th B-day 025

She was very excited when she saw it.  I should have gotten a picture of her reaction, but I didn’t.

All in all it was a pretty good day.  She only had a couple of meltdowns, so I think we could call that successful.  It’s hard to believe that my baby girl isn’t a baby anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment