Wednesday, March 17, 2010

They got me again

I think we all have those deals that just suck us in, don’t we?  For  Hubby, his is Maverik.  They always have those “two for” deals.  For some reason, they just draw him him.  If they are having 2 cans of Pringles for $2, he’ll buy some.  It doesn’t matter that you can get a can of Pringles at Walmart all day long at $.99, if it’s a “two for” deal at Maverik, he’s there, and he’s bought 4.

Mine is Land’s End.  For some reason they suck me in every time.  I got a catalog the other day with a thing for free shipping.  So I perused through it and found some shirts that the boys would like.  I didn’t order anything because I am trying not to buy stuff that’s not essential since we are going to be buying a house soon, and are trying to save up for a bigger down payment. 

Then I got an email with a code for 25% off the highest item and what I thought was free shipping.  So I thought, “Cool!  I’ll just order that shirt for G-man.”  Then when I went to check out, I realized that they shipping was only free on orders of $49 or more.  I must say, that I didn’t fall into the trap of, “I’ll just order more so I can get free shipping,” because that was way more than I was going to spend in the first place.  So I thought that was the end of it.

Lo and behold, two days later, I got another email from them.  This time it was 20% off your entire kid’s order plus no minimum free shipping.  Well, I couldn’t pass that up!  Of course I ordered the shirt for G-man and one for TRMinator as well.  I’m sure I could have found something comparable at Target for cheaper, but I don’t care.  I liked them, and I saved money because I didn’t order anything for the Princess!   At least that’s what I’m telling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment