Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I’m sure I deserve an A

One of the things that people fail to mention when you have kids is that you get to go through school all over again, with all the accompanying homework.  It feels like I’ve been through 3rd grade 3 times now.  Once when I was a kid, the second with TRMinator, now I’m on my third go around with G-man.  Maybe I’ll have it down pat by the time the Princess gets there, yeah, don’t count on it!  G-man had an animal report that was due today.  Of course, I forgot about it till yesterday when I stumbled across the note that came home a week ago.  (I’m just glad I didn’t throw it away!) 

When he got home from school I reminded him about the report and told him that we needed to go to the library to get some books to write it since it was due the next day.  After some grumbling he climbed in the car with me and off we went to find some books on snakes.  (At least he had decided on an animal, even though it was an icky one!)

When we got home, I skimmed through the books to find some pertinent information on the nasty reptiles, and G-man had the decency to hang around while I wrote his report.  (In his defense, he did add a few things here and there, and I asked him what he wanted to be included.)  His teacher wanted it either written in cursive or typed.  Since G-man hates writing in cursive he decided to type it.  Ooooh let me tell you, that was a test of my patience watching him type this report.  It took about everything I had not to rip that laptop away from him and just do it myself.  What finally worked for us was when we sat on the couch and he was turned away from me so I couldn’t see him type.  I read it to him as he typed it, and it worked much better. 

The thing that really amused me, was that he wanted to type it all by himself.  Whenever I tried to start taking over, he’d get a little huffy and say, “No, Mom!  I can do it myself!”

They are supposed to read them out loud to the class, then they’ll be graded.  I can’t wait to see how we he did!

No comments:

Post a Comment