Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Maybe I’m the queen of stalling…

I call the Princess the queen of stalling.  She takes forever to do most everything, in other words, she’s stalling.  Getting her ready for school in the morning can be a nightmare.  It takes her 20 minutes to eat breakfast, 15 of those minutes are deciding what she wants, then 5 to actually eat it.  By the times she finally comes upstairs, goes to the bathroom (another 10 minute minimum) and gets dressed, I’m about ready to pull my hair out.  It takes this long with me constantly on her.  If I let her go at her own pace, she might be ready to leave by 11:00am, if at all.  I keep repeating to myself that G-man went through this phase too, and that (hopefully) she’ll grow out of it.

Someone wants to come look at our house tonight between 5:30 and 7:00.  Of course that’s right during the dinner hour, so I called my mom and invited ourselves to their house for dinner tonight.  TRMinator has piano after school, so we’ll already be there (my mom’s neighbor teaches him, so we hang out there during his lesson) and I figured we could just stay after he was done. 

Of course this means that the house needs to be clean and ready to go when I go pick the boys up from school because I’ll go straight to my mom’s house after school. 

I should probably be cleaning right now. 

I’m blogging instead. 

I guess you could say that I’m stalling. 

I’ve got the upstairs done.  I’ve cleaned the bathrooms and picked up the kids room’s and vacuumed the floors.  I started on the downstairs.  I vacuumed the living room, but then I was putting some stuff away in the office when I sat down at the computer and I haven’t gotten back up!

I always assumed that any of my kids bad traits came from Hubby.  I guess maybe one or two of them might have come from me!  Banish the thought!

Alright, fine.  I have to leave in an hour and a half.  I’m going to go back and clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment