Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A day at the splash pad

I realized the other day that my two younger kids only have a week and a half left of summer!  It feels like our summer vacation just barely started and now it’s almost over!  So I thought that I needed to get them out of the house and do something fun.  TRMinator is away at scout camp for the week, so I called my mom and we took the remaining two kids to a splash pad in Riverdale.  The splash area itself isn’t that big, but there is a big park with playground equipment surrounding it.  Splash Pad 014

They went and played on the playground first.

Splash Pad 025

I was really surprised.  I thought the Princess would take to splashing in the water and the G-man would not.  She walked around for about 5 minutes, then wanted to go back to the playground and play.  G-man stayed and played in the water for quite awhile.

Splash Pad 066

Splash Pad 076

Finally the Princess decided the she could go play in the water- when we were about done, so G-man stepped up to the role of big brother.

Splash Pad 096

Splash Pad 109

Splash Pad 111

They had fun.  Now I’m sure we’ll have to go back when TRMinator gets back!

No comments:

Post a Comment