Saturday, July 17, 2010

What a GREAT camp!

It’s time to explain my wordless Wednesday.  I wrote several weeks ago about how TRMinator won a scholarship to a science camp on the University of Utah campus.  The time finally (in TRMinator’s opinion) rolled around for him to go last week.

Scout and GREAT camp 070 

We didn’t know anyone else that was going to his session to carpool with, so I drove him down every morning, then back again in the afternoon to pick him up.  Let me tell you, that was a PAIN!!!  I consider driving down to Salt Lake once a pain, let alone 10 times in the last 5 days!  (big sigh)  He had fun and learned a lot, so I suppose it was worth it.

Scout and GREAT camp 072

On the last day there was an informal open house so we could see what they had been doing.  The made a sort of robot out of the Mindstorm Legos and raced them.

Scout and GREAT camp 067

TRMinator and his partner got knocked out in the first round.  He wasn’t too surprised because something about his sensor wasn’t tuned right…  I don’t know, I tuned out once he started talking about sensors and stuff.

Scout and GREAT camp 069

This is his robot.

I’m glad the driving is over, but I’m also really glad that he got the opportunity to go.  Next up!  A week of scout camp.  Man this kid is busy this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment