Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Moving day!

My parents have been wanting to get a new, bigger shed for awhile now.  A couple of weeks ago, they bit the bullet and ordered themselves up a fancy shmancy new shed.  While basking in the anticipation of the new one, they found themselves with the quandary of what they should do with their old one.  We told them that we could probably find it in our hearts, with enough cajoling and pleading, to take the old one off their hands.

So last Friday night, we went over and helped load the old shed up on the flat bed tow truck that my dad brought home from work.  While we were there, my mom also fed us dinner. (Seriously!  Sometimes it’s hard dealing with those people!)  My mom was a bit of a nervous wreck while it was being loaded, hoping that there would be no injuries, but no one got even as much as a splinter! 

Then bright and early Saturday morning (and by that I mean 6:00AM!!!) my dad drove it over to our house.  Hubby followed him in his car to make sure that he didn’t hit any pesky power lines, and TRMinator was in the co-pilot’s seat in the tow truck.  With some mad backing up skills, my dad got the truck in our driveway, missing our bay window, and positioned just right.

Shed 001  

Shed 002

It was a little bit harder getting it off than it was getting it on, but we did it, (again with some of my dad’s mad skills) and viola!!  We have a shed!

Shed 004

Shed 005

Now I have room to walk around my car in the garage since all our crap is now in the shed!  It’s amazing! 

Next up, I’m going to paint it white to match our house.  I think I might wait a few weeks till it’s cooler, though.  It’s too darn hot outside right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment