Monday, October 5, 2009

A day in the fall(really?) leaves

I mentioned in my last post that I wanted to get some pictures of the kids in the fall leaves.  I thought it would be a good chance to take some family pictures too.  I bought new shirts for the kids in coordinating fall colors, and drug them and my mom (someone needed to take a picture of the whole family) up Farmington Canyon to bask in the fall colors.  What we found was very disappointing.  Not many of the trees had turned yet!   The weatherman said if you want to go for a drive to look at the leaves, this should be the weekend to do it.  Well, let me tell you.  It wasn’t.  We still took pictures, but the background wasn’t nearly as pretty as in years past.  Here’s a sampling:fall 004

 fall 014What a handsome boy!

fall 035

 fall 045I forgot how hard it is to get 3 kids to look at the camera and smile at the same time.  You would think that would get easier as they get older.  It doesn’t.

Let me give you some idea of the difference in color this year.fallpictures06 008 This is from 3 years ago.  (look at my baby!  She was so little!)

 

fall 062 This is from this year, same spot.  You could say it was a bit disappointing!

The really kind of pathetic reason behind the pictures?  Our bank lets you personalize your debit card, and I wanted a new picture for mine!  What’s even worse is that if I see someone that I haven’t seen for awhile, I have to pull out my debit card for a picture of my children because I don’t carry one.  Yep, I’m just awesome like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment