Thursday, October 1, 2009

An open letter to Mother Nature

Uncle!!  I give up!!  Now can you please give us back summer  for a little while longer?!  I mean, come on, this rain all day, temps in the mid 30’s and freezing my tomato plants at night is just a bit early, don’t you think?  September just ended yesterday, for pete sake!  I think this crap that we are calling weather is just not necessary.  Maybe in another three weeks I’ll allow it, but not now!  I am refusing to  turn on my heat yet!  (kids, just go get another blanket!)

Is it because I wanted to get new pictures of my kids in the fall leaves this year?  So you had to go and put snow on the mountains?  (I think that was a bit extreme, by the way)   So help me, if this completely ruins the leaves and I don’t get one picture, I am going to be ticked!

Okay, let’s think of a truce.  How about, let it warm up to a decent temperature,  I’m thinking mid 60’s, it doesn’t have to be too warm, for a little while yet.  Let me get my pictures, then it can get cold again, and do whatever, maybe even (cringe) snow.  Then we can be friends again.  Just don’t let the whole snow and cold thing last till April, okay?!

2 comments: