Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Our adventure with nature

Since my boys are off track for the next four weeks, we decided to take a little adventure.  We went to the Ogden Nature Center.  (I know, pretty adventurous)  I had never been there, but both my boys had.  They go there in kindergarten for a field trip.  It was nice because we pretty much had the place to ourselves and the weather cooperated with us.    Nature Center 013

They had to check out every little animal shelter they found.  If you’ve never been there, it’s basically just a nature preserve.  There is a trail that goes around the perimeter with lots of nature in the middle.  We actually didn’t see that many animals.  I don’t know if that’s normal or not.Nature Center 024 TRMinator did find a little friend.  He wanted to know if he could bring it home.  I told him, “Heck no!”

They had a good time.  It’s nice to see them doing stuff together that does not include X Box, TV, or computer.  It’s especially nice to see the G_man enjoy himself without technology involved.  (he’s my little techno-nut)  They got to run around and explore and hear the princess yell, ”Brothers!  Brothers!  Wait for me!”  And the really sweet thing is, they usually would.  So cute.

Then we had lunch and went to the grocery store to pick out some pumpkins.  They were on sale for 14¢ a pound.  Woot woot!  I know, it would have been more authentic to go to a pumpkin patch, but I’m looking for a deal and go to where they’re on sale!  That and they had a branch of my bank in the store so I could get some more cash.

***Update!!  Got my new debit card today, now just need to get my new pin and I will have a working debit card again!  That deserves a big Woot!  Woot!  Hallelujah!

I’m going to try and think of someplace new to go next week.  Stay tuned to see what we come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment