Sunday, October 11, 2009

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I finally drug myself to one of TRMinator’s soccer games (I’ve been out of town, leave me alone!).  It was pretty darn cold, but I’ve sat through worse.  I guess his team has pretty much dominated every team that they have played this season, or so the hubby says.  They were pretty evenly matched with the team they played Saturday. 

About halfway through the first quarter TRMinator was in the pack down by the opposing team’s goal.  The ball came to TRMinator and he kicked it and GOALLLLLL!!!!!  It went in!!  The first goal of the game, and I might also mention, the first goal of TRMinator’s  illustrious soccer career.  Yes, he hasn’t scored a goal up to this point.  He has played soccer for about 5 years now, and has always loved it and had fun, he just hasn’t been the most aggressive, coordinated player on the field.  He’s really come into his own this season.  He’s the same size as the rest of the boys and he’s getting more comfortable with his skills.  The hubby said he’s had some pretty close calls with scoring the last couple of games, and thought he might this game.  This was the first one I could come to, and I really wanted to see the first time he scored.  I’ve gotta admit, I did cry a little when he scored.  He has wanted to for so long, that it was really exciting to see.  He was so excited he couldn’t wipe the smile off his face for the rest of the quarter.  Then he started to get cold and was knocked down a few times, and eventually the smile came off.

Oh, BTW, they lost the game, but who cares!!  TRMinator scored a goal!!!!!!!   Good job T- man!!

1 comment: